Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Never Say Never

I didn't exactly say never. I said I was taking a break from Facebook and not carrying the camera everywhere I go. Yep. I am still taking a personal break from FB, but good things are happening with my photo business (Indigo smiles and says thanks.) I have booked six photo sessions in less than a week. I did one of the shoots today. No real monetary rewards with these, but I am building the portfolio and I made the decision that I am no longer shooting for free. With two of these sessions I am charging a $30 fee to cover expenses. With all of them, I will give my clients a CD with 12 to 15 processed images. I will hopefully get a picture or two from each shoot for my portfolio. 

Anything I book from now on will require the client buy a minimum sized package in advance with the sitting fee waived if they do.  This is for a mini-session on location. That package is 1-8X10, 2-5X7's, and 8-wallets of one pose. Plus, 5-4X6 proofs for $85--which is still a deal. (Of course the idea is that the client will love the images and want MORE!!!) 

I'll be posting today's shoot and last weeks shoot and tomorrow's shoot and the one the next day and so on.... at my INDIGO STUDIOS Blog soon. For now, here is a scenic with a few cranes from the location I shot at yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment