Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Results

You all know that Obama was re-elected for a 2nd term. No big surprise--if you look at the popular vote (and not the electoral college) it was a very close race. In fact, maybe, Romney could have won.  I am one of those voters who feels the Electoral College is obsolete and should be voted away. 

One day while I was making calls, the woman sitting next to me, put the person she was talking to on hold and asked the group of volunteers, "What is the Electoral College? The woman on the phone is saying that it is all rigged and that as long as we still use the Electoral College to choose the President that no one's vote will matter...." The process was explained to her. I was shocked that a 60-ish woman thought the President was elected by popular vote.

However.... popular vote is the way it should happen. Just sayin......

Here are a few of my Election Day fotos. 

 Making phone calls down to the wire.


 Janice stopped by to make calls.



Uncle Sam made an appearance at the party at the Marriot Uptown. Lady Liberty was also there. As were many of the Republican candidates and other elected officials.
The mood was very somber. 




 My favorite candidate
(I also think David Standridge and Brett Loveless would have made excellent judges.)

 A local celebrity who did not wish to be photographed at the Republican shindig.... Nah, it's only me.... 
(in reality I am only warding off the Evil Eye....)



No comments:

Post a Comment