Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mormons are from Kolob

OK. I am not feeling well today--which is fairly normal for me lately. But I had something to say and I found this link and don't want to totally lose it.....I'll come back and write the blog soon. 

This isn't the post I intended to write..... but if you're wondering what Kolob has to do with anything...? In Mormon doctrine Kolob is the place where God Dwells.  There is also a song about Kolob.... it was a favorite song of my Grandpa Johnson, he use to beg me to play it for him on the piano.

I often say, "If Women are from Venus and men from Mars, then Mormons are from Kolob."

Yes, I was born and raised as a Latter Day Saint. Up until three years ago, I was actively involved in the church. At this time in my life I am no longer active in the church. I consider it part of my very rich heritage and culture. Of course, those roots still go deep. Spiritually at this time in my life, I have not aposticized, but rather I feel I have atrophied spiritually. I really need to decide who and what I am and "What ere thou art, act well thy part." Although this quote is attributed to Shakespeare, it is a huge Mormon quote attributed to David O. McKay.

Who am I? This question also has Mormon ties for me.... we come to this earth forgetting our life befoe this and as we live we often question who we are. Who am I? Growing up the answer was always, "I am a daughter of God."

OK, so Who is God and is he really from Kolob?

No comments:

Post a Comment