Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Voting Non-Experience

On Thursday after school I took Jeddy to vote for the first time. We went to the Satellite Voting Location on 98th St at Central.

As a quick reminder; Early voting ends on Saturday, November 3rd at 8pm. You can find a list of location at the Bernalillo County Clerk's office.

If you don't vote before then, or aren't voting absentee, you can vote on Election Day, November 6th, in the regular polling locations.



It wasn't a real positive experience for either of us. Jeddy had registered to vote. He had the little slip of paper, but he was not in the system. He didn't have his social security number with him. He couldn't vote. He will go back later.


I was told that because of privacy issues, I could not take pictures in the Early Voting location. I already knew that and I feel I can shoot informative documentary type pictures without violating anyone's privacy, but I also know that if you let one person slip by, someone else will yell that they were treated unfairly or their rights were violated. I was asked to leave, but I stayed inside, next to Jeddy, because the kind man helping us was trying to help Jeddy find his registration..... one of the other people working there kept glaring at me and as we walked past her to leave, she mumbled something about people breaking laws..... Did I really break any laws?

For the record, my philosophy is to shoot first and ask permission later. 





No comments:

Post a Comment