Sunday, November 4, 2012

Muertos y Marigold Parade

I love attending the Muertos y Marigold Parade in Albuquerque's South Valley. This is a Day of the Dead celebration. Although it isn't part of the culture I was raised in, I do love the Hispanic culture. I lived in East Los Angeles for nearly two-years before moving here and my youngest son (El Jay Rey) is 7/16th Mexican and 1/16th Apache. The other half is my huge mixture--Scottish, Swedish, Welch, Swiss Jewish, Spanish. However, all of those are subjects for other blogs, someday... maybe... or not.

The parade was Sunday, November 4th. Of course there were quite a few social and political causes involved. I took 1000 pictures and it will take a week or two to finish processing them. Here are three political groups or floats.





No comments:

Post a Comment