Saturday, January 25, 2014

Give Me Drugs

One thing I won't be able to avoid is taking a variety of medications throughout my treatment. :-(

This week I refilled my normal prescription.  I am diabetic, therefore, I take two types of insulin, a blood pressure med, something for cholesterol, metformin, and baby aspirin. Plus, I need the needles, blood sugar test strips, lancets, alcohol swabs, etc.... My co-pay for all of that is around $70 p/month. I got to the pharmacy and my oncologist had ordered several more meds which came to over an additional  $50. I barely had enough to pay for my regular meds and I had to reject the cancer meds--no idea what they were or are for. I figured I' be able to go back on Friday, once I get paid, and purchase the new drugs, but I also knew that doing that would mean juggling rent and other bills.

Yesterday, after work and after my nap, I found I had a voicemail message from the oncologist. She needed to know which pharmacy I use, because she needed to order a couple more medications before I have the port installed on Thursday.

I do not know how I am going to do this.

I am trying to be positive. I'm told those happy thought and good vibes are key to successful healing. I am told to avoid stress.... but how can  when I am not making enough $$$ to support El Jay and myself? I need these drugs as part of my treatment, but I can't afford them.

I see the surgeon on Monday. The port will be put in place on Thursday and it looks like I start chemo on Febr. 3rd.




No comments:

Post a Comment