Sunday, January 5, 2014

Angels Watching Over Us

I was at work last night when the phone rang and I answered it. It was Jeddy . I couldn't hear him  at first--there was a lot of background noise. When repeated, it sounded like he was laughing, but it sounded like he said he had wrecked my car. I asked him not to joke about things like that. He got frustrated and raised his voice and said again he had been in an accident and my car was totaled..... the rest is a blur.

He had been T-boned. He was fine, he thought, but Delaney had been knocked unconscious. She was conscious by then, but would have to go by ambulance to the hospital. He said that his fellow band members and their parents were on the scene. He said another car had run the red light and hit him.

I stayed at work. He was in good hands and I had no way to get from Joy Junction to Paseo del Norte. Dr. Reynalds, the CEO and founder of Joy Junction showed up at the shelter--he comes in at random. I told him what happened and said I didn't have a ride home. He said, "Its taken care of." One the shuttle drivers got me home from work. I told Jeddy to go to the ER once he was released from the accident scene.

Jeddy has a sprained neck and Delaney a concussion and whiplash. Yet, they are alive. The car was hit hard and the damage was bad, but there are no broken bones or lacerations. They will heal. I know that there were angels protecting them.


No comments:

Post a Comment