Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day can mean different things to different people. 


Here are two links, for my take on the day and El Jay's take on it.

For me, it is another day just like any other. I have my Web Design class today. I like the class. The basic HTML is coming back and I like the mystery of following a formula, adding some codes and.... presto it becomes something else, sort of. My problem is that I am slowwwww... and I keep having to re-open my UNM web space..... I need to figure out what I am doing wrong, so I can do it right.

SLOWWWW.... last night my 9-year old, El Jay (LJ is his initials), confided in me that the kids in his class are calling him Slogan=Slow+Logan..... when naming him I never even thought of that nickname. Slogan wouldn't be a bad thing if you use the dictionary meaning, but the kids are taunting him with being SLOW. He isn't slow. He is very smart. He just marches to his own drummer. As a mom that broke my heart. He is an amazing, funny, creative little boy and yes, he does struggle, but he is not slow. I can hardly keep up with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment