Friday, October 12, 2012

It is Balloon Fiesta Week in Albuquerque. I've only gotten pictures on three days. Last Saturday and today the mass ascension was canceled. Plus, getting the boys to school makes it hard to get over near the point of lift off.... Oddly on the three days I have gotten anything besides the drive-by shootings, my favorite pictures have been of flags. Normally I would share this type of photography at my Indigo Foto Studios Blog, but the flag theme seems to be one of my themes here,too.

 
Do you see the American flag?


This is the same image. I played with it at picmonkey--stretching and sizing to the facebook timeline banner size, and using the warhol filter in blue and red to make it pop.....


  
As I was arriving home from taking Jeddy to school, I saw this image over a house at the end of the block.The American flag and a US Flag balloon.


On Wednesday I had a few extra minutes after dropping Jeddy off, so I headed North on Edith. 
For no real reason, except to pull over and take pictures, I pulled to the side of the road here.... Then I saw this tattered flag and knew why I had felt prompted to stop.
 I love the two perpendicular lines... the one going top to bottom of the old, forgotten flag and the barbed-wire line along the horizon. I love the balloon and rising sun almost mimicking in shape....

The Balloon Mass Ascension was canceled today due to rain and wind. I hope that tomorrow and Sunday, I will get to follow where the wind is blowing to find not only great balloon shots, but other American flags, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment