Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad.

Today my dad turned 81 years old. I love you, Dad. I know I don't say that often enough.

This is my dad as a toddler. it isn't a great picture, but I like it.

So much of who I am is because of my father. Growing up, we camped, hiked, and explored the world together. My dad knows a lot about flowers and plants and he shared his knowledge with me. 

I won't say he taught me about photography, although, he did in a less direct way.  He took a lot of pictures and thru him I was exposed to photography. When I asked to use his camera starting in first grade, he encouraged me. Our styles are very different, but he really was my first mentor and critic. 

The flower picture below is for my dad. For ALL  he still does for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment