Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Boy is Confirmed

It took longer than planned, but the Boy was finally confirmed a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints & he received the gift of the Holy Ghost. We had arranged for my dad to come to Riverdale and do it on Sept. 14th, but he forgot and stood us up or his anger with Jeddy and me got in the way, I don't know. However, a little boy was hurt and disappointed and this was HIS day, not mine, not Jeddy's, not Wayne's, not my dad's.... it should have been a day to set aside all this other crap for El Jay and this huge event in his life. it was a day to give unconditional love and show forgiveness.

Then we had scheduling problems and had to find someone to take time to come to Riverdale. A friend was going to do it, but Jeddy had to work that day. I was getting anxious, because it would be two-weeks again before we could do it and my surgery is coming up, etc..... and that ordnance is not complete until one is confirmed by the laying on of hands--just being dunked in the water is not enough. So, Jeddy arranged to get off work early and he asked his Uncle Brian to come here to confirm his little brother.

On Sunday, Sept. 28th, the Boy was finally fully a member.


I always have to remind the boy to change after church, so the one time I was planning on taking pictures after church, he ran in and changed without being told.  El Jay with Uncle Brian.


The Mormon Elders that taught the Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment