Thursday, September 11, 2014

Something to Smile About

More often than I would like this blog is not a happy place. I look at it as a place to document the details. It isn't a place meant for everyone to see.

It is time to blog something HAPPY!

I received this bright yellow envelope in the mail yesterday. It had numerous .01 cent stamps arranged in an infinity sign. It simply looked too artistic to open. But I did.... and I found a flat, packet of foil, neatly folded with something inside--maybe we will have hobo dinners one night soon? But that was not all--just the pretty envelope would have been enough (because it made me smile)--inside the foil was a print out about chia seeds (I must get some and give them a try!) Chia Seeds are very appropriate, because I look like a chia pet with my now mostly gray hair standing up. And finally there some much needed cash.

Thank You. You know who you are.

I've been told lately by other people how ungrateful I am. I don't think those people know me at all. I've taken none of the gifts and help we've been given for granted. I have expressed my gratitude, but that was not enough. I thank heavenly Father daily for all of my blessings, often specifically. I do not know how to maintain an attitude of gratitude. I wish I did. 




Today, I cried when this arrived. My friend went the extra mile to reach out and help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment