Saturday, October 11, 2014

Less Than One Week

On Friday, October 17th, I am scheduled to have a lumpectomy on my right breast.

The 3.5 centimeter lump was melted by chemo. It did not show up in the MRI I had in August. The swollen lymph node was no longer swollen. There was no sign of cancer. Of course, that does not mean I am cancer free. We will not know how much of my breast has to be removed until we are in surgery.  I hate this uncertainty. I am praying for another great out-come during surgery.

I have not been taking bra pictures. I rarely get out. Most days Jeddy has my car with him at work. I am feeling stronger, but I still get all rubbery legged, sweaty, and tired, so I stay at home.I've kind of allowed my photo project to die and fizzle.

A week ago, we all wore pink t-shirts and in honor of breast Cancer Awareness tried to get family photos. I even sprayed my peach fuzz hair pink.  I was disappointed in the outcome. Oh well....

I look forward to regaining my independence. To having a life again. To moving on to the next stage of this life.







No comments:

Post a Comment